It's not always easy to figure out the etiquette that comes with a new pursuit. In yoga, for instance, you may come to your first class without much idea of how to behave or what to bring. Rather than reading though an entire yoga books for beginners, though, just follow these simple tips for new practitioners.
1. Talk to your instructor before class. If you have big questions or concerns, now is the time to voice them, instead of during quiet meditation.
2. Turn off your cellphone. Just do it. It will never be a part of your essential yoga meditation supplies. A ringing phone can break everyone's calm.
3. Take off your shoes as you enter the studio. It's good etiquette, and it will relax your feet to get them back in a more natural state.
4. Make friends! You're not just going to yoga class to decompress after a long day, but also to meet other people and make social connections. Don't be an isolationist. Say hi!
5. Be open to new things. Some meditation exercises may seem silly at first, but chances are good that you'll quickly learn to love them.